Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Female Stripe Dancing

FRASER ICELAND - the largest sand island in the world (the last photos of my camera: ()

Everything went smooth and great. I just really like being on vacation (from vacation) felt, especially because it rained on the way home today and not a great weather. And since Russia currently has no job, we have extended our holiday even by 1 night in Noosa. My camera has unfortunately not survived (was sand in the lens) ... Man, now points but really it all on way home there (yes I make in the plan should have been in 9 days). Instead, we have posted just a spontaneous round-trip flight to Adelaide (for dollar 235). Fly from 13.11. to 17.11. to get to know Russ' family and friends. 'm Really happy. It is extremely important for Russia (and me).

the evening in front of departure I spontaneously invited Sarah to celebrate the birthday of a friend been. Good thing I washed before the most important meal prepared and frozen etc, had ... the apartment was cleaned quickly (Russ' grandmother came with chocolate over, to my surprise it was really a great Lady, Russ has the hands of grandpa ... hehe but it was his first relatives who I've met). Shortly before midnight, I was brought home and I have packed the bare minimum about 1 h, made me ready, etc. Actually, we wanted to get up by 4 clock and go to escape the Fruehverkehr. While we are on time, but took 2 hours until we leave the house could en. The ride was still great. Since we had so much time (had to clock at 13:30 for the meeting, Fraser tour in the hostel and had to be for about 350 km 7 hours time), we stopped at a Macademia and a Ginger Factory, ... We are across the country over dust roads to RAINBOW BEACH down. Really so beautiful without stress. Once

In DINGO'S BACK PACKERS, we have set ourselves a bit on the porch. At the meeting, which was explained to us how we should conduct ourselves on opposite Fraser Iceland and dingoes, we met our group. A total of 11 people sitting in a car and spend the next 3 days together. Since I wanted to have a particularly nice holiday with Russ, I checked out the group well. I was happy with the people (although I had the feeling, not me The girls were really suffering ... but I was with them (all but one under 20 and in the head really still very much young) really find any Gespraechsbasis). The group consisted of 3 British (one couple and Graham), an Irishman, two Canadian women (Winnipeg), 2 Scots and Bavaria. The Irishman made me a bit worried, but I thought the same, that Russia has found it a drinking buddies (yes I know, prejudice, but it's true and my fears came true when the alcohol order). It was then not so bad, but hard for me that Russia most of the time with the boys or other girls (from other groups!) Has spent and I was the first Time really jealous and after a few actions I ever cracked the collar. Russ understands course only station. On the way home, he has the book: men, "Why do not listen and girls can not read maps "bought (and meant, I should also like to read). Should this be an indication of something?! Hahaha.
The next day there was a 7 clock pancake breakfast, then we met up with the cars, unloaded tents, food etc on (got a menu / cooking plan) and we were told, is run as a four-wheel drive on Fraser , anything can happen, like the tides are (when you can drive on the beach), etc. Well, thank God we had a total of 4 other drivers (all others were too young), because for me it was clear that ego rather not risking.

And then it was also already going to the ferry (crossing approx 10 min). Russ has his first morning Beer in hand. 2. Photo right of the man of whom we had the car. A true-blue Australian, who wears 24 on the day his sun hat for fear of skin cancer, but chain smoking (as well as the Englishman next to or behind him).


On Fraser Iceland we first drove over a high tide "street" and then at the 80-mile beach along the direction of Lake McKenzie. Fantastic. Was the first Time in Fiji back in the water. This lake looks like the sea, its water is particularly and acts like a beauty. Since we are on 1 and last day were swimming in the lake, told us 2.5 days non-showers at all out of nothing. A Goanna abhaben wanted something from our lunch.

From Lake McKenzie's übern beach went to our camp. On the way Russ was surfing on a unehrvollerweise Riesenturtel. What you see in the photo: the tortoise has no head:)

The camp the next morning:



sunrise by 5 clock. in the distance is already to see the Maheno WRECK



our 4 tents away from the Getrubels - the other 44 took off, with us, its 16 tents next to "Kitchen and Bar" on.

The morning trip to the Indian Head we saw our only DINGO (70 makes a total of Fraser). Usually, they look pretty haggard from - this was one of those wh, which have taken hit with our food. After the party no longer thought of the food put away - would have seen that a Ranger, we would have paid $ 3,000 penalty.


And the journey continues ... as we sit ...


... but not for long ... the only time where we had to rely on outside help.


arrived at the Clock Around 7 Indian Head, first there was breakfast. The heat soon became unbearable, all hung over and far away from civilization we noticed that we forgot our 20 liter water tank up void. There was no shade and we had to endure until the afternoon without. Good that at least we had beer and I love helpful neighbors.



It was so hot, the sea soo tempting and Russ and I went as a single in spite of repeated Haiwarnungen into the water. 3 days ago have been located on a stretch of 7 km between Indian Head and the ship wreck sharks 18. I was not frightened, I thought that if they speak of SHARKY, they mean a few hundred. Well, so in retrospect are averaging more than 2 Sharks / km already pretty much. But never mind ... nothing happened, we have seen none (skate but already) and Russ had his spear it. And if someone went into the sea, more and more people have kept on the lookout for sharks.

has self from the vantage point on Indian Head, on the va Russ (with my water bottle) spent several hours, was seen a shark.


note my water bottle in the 2nd Photo. That was all we had for a few hours in full sun and Russ they just took on a rock with, which I never dared to tell me (3rd photo). I went to stop it with the other and back again into the sea. I heat my fear of sharks and dangerous jellyfish (which we then on the way to the Middle Rocks, see 1 above photo next bulge, have seen) can forget it, I would have never thought of. But cooling was Just at that moment I realized the most important and not at all true, what all this would have meant. NO ONE would have gone into the water, I dare not even think in Surfers Paradise where the helicopters on the lookout, but here I did not care. It was so beautiful. Only now the writing is clear to me how careless.

On our way back to camp we came again on the wreck and had little time for photography. Graham was interested but not at all (see photo: little "bundle" under the autotuning), but he took advantage of every opportunity and every shade in order to recover a little of the strains (last night).

on known ELI CREEK unfortunately I had only time to either or Klogehen Creek can drive down. I chose the former, but now regret it very much, but I would have if previously thought, both at once (yes, in an emergency) can do:) How are unfortunately no pictures. Only 2 of the Force (Russia and the German Andi) have not miss the fun. All the others were already generally pretty tough on it. to WALLY LAKE, the running speed in 40 minutes to reach, had to rush only 6 of us. Wars, but totally worth and tired from the run to swim and walk on the sand dune, we have still before dark made back to the beach, where the other should be in the car waiting for us. But no longer there. I hope, my wish was fulfilled, and they are in the meantime the camp and the tents set up, and preparing food. A solid hour could leave us alone and sit in wet clothes in the cold. The campers were already Thanks be to God prepares the food but not yet. Was still very nice and comfortable, the other 44 (and Russ' Lieblingsmaedls) were in the other camp. Hehe.
After a stormy, rainy but warm night Early morning we left on when not so great weather for the not so great CENTRAL STATION. All others discouraged to go back, we drove instead of making the forest track back to Lake McKenzie and spent there our last hours on Fraser Iceland. Latest, because everyone has got a sunburn.

The quick trip back to the ferry (Russ drove) was then just plain funny, the last of alcohol had to go (Russ went and drank), the favorite songs from the ipod again were quickly played out in deafening volume and sung ... was a good-bye.
Our group on the ferry, only one was missing, Graham, wh he again laid out.

Back at the workshop was all right, we have lost nothing and car is not damaged, etc. have been ironed out, cleaning, washing, ... We were allowed to go back to the hostel by car. Russ had the great idea, yet so quick to go to the SANDBLOWS. Last 4 photos from my camera: (



After another night in the hostel where we met our Swiss roommate, Ela, we wanted to in the morning even to the beach at Rainbow Beach . A big misunderstanding (or whatever) I messed up the morning. Actually Russ should just go to the bathroom and I wait on the lawn next to him. Only 1 hour later, after I've been looking everywhere for him, I find him again in the SEA (and of course I was so stupid and I only by 40 minutes in front of the toilet waiting for him, in the hope that he comes still back and picks me). And our passengers Graham (of the sleeping British out of our group) and Ela (our roommate) he has left in ignorance of how and when it goes on. Well, a few hours later all were in the car and loaded with a musical support of Graham and Ela (guitar and vocals) went to Noosa's from the place of the beautiful and rich (from Sydney). Photos There are no (more): (In any case, says that everything is more expensive, so the hostels Ela we have dumped in their desire Hostel in Noosaville (for 28 dollars / night), we decided on. Park to sleep (yes had sleeping bags etc were camping there and the last days). It was great but that we Ela and were able to visit their German friends in the hostel without any problems and then cooked dinner together. Russ and I then took some time for us alone and we went to the movies (with Max Payne Mark Wahlberg - not worth seeing). Graham, we have taken at night in the park again (he went to the Gold Coast and stayed with us). The night was pretty warm, except for a few wicked giant ants attack and everything was ok, go the park with the river a great opportunity for Russia to Early morning fishing again (he has never caught anything). He then has the NOOSA NATIONAL PARK after 30min. Palm Grove Walk attempts at spear fishing. On the way home there was a stop with home-made lunch in CALOUNDRA, this is THE place in the the festival was held, to which I would have to go / do.
Mah, added after a one day Eingewoehungsphase the Back Pack experience grabbed me by the travel bug again, and I wish I would not even home anymore, but with soot all over Australia left. .. But as I said, arrived home we have booked a flight to Adelaide rather spontaneously. I have my travel insurance or twice 15.1. prolonged. My plans for the next days: drink tomorrow Sarah go away /, ev Glowworms in Natural Bridge, Sat to Sarah's parents, according to Jacobs Well on the house boat fishing tubing, etc. BBQ Sunday BBQ lunch with Julie (Cubbie's mother), Monday Day with Roland and then actually should already Sonya and Andre = Bine's friends come by here. I unfortunately missed it in Noosa, first read at home that we were at the same time there. But a meeting (or maybe she can stay with us even when Russ still not fed up of backpackers) goes from secure. 'm Really happy. When can I meet friends of friends from Austria (and I have ever seen briefly in the Aussie bar in Vienna's 1st district), I feel closer to you all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment