Friday, January 30, 2009

Correct Way For Steam Bath

Bangkok: 3 nights in the Khao San Road and 3 in the temple

After 9stuendiger bus ride I arrived at 5 clock in BANGKOK (South Bus Station), with two Swiss tourists have I shared a taxi for me in the famous KHAO SAN ROAD. Was surprised that by this time or ever so many tourists (mostly backpackers) were on, according to the pubs, drank and partied.

Bangkok will be soo cheap. The impression I was not finding a room. So a 40 year old from Germany was Expunk (seen at the front desk) "victim" of my frugality. I just spoke to him and asked him if he would share with me a room.

Then he had an equal, two or three go drink beer (at 7 clock!) And we are still a few hours sat together with an Australian (KHAO SAN ROAD clock at 7:30).


After a nap (! In separate beds), I wanted to start my sightseeing tour of the area: Grand Palace and Wat Pho - at all I was no longer interested. But not even by then I made it ... as reported in the guide books and WARNED! me a man wanted to persuade to take just 20 baht a tuk tuk, which brings me to other temples. I knew the "lower case" - in addition, there's a tailor and a jeweler here who pay commission to the driver and the naive tourists try to exclude.

I'm not naive, knew I still from the reproaches and thought, ok, what the can, I can have long and got involved in my terms it - I was down to 20 baht by the city and could simultaneously handle my affairs, the temple WAT Mahathat my meditation class "Book" (by 13 clock on Monday I will be there), etc. I could get rid Touristenausnehmer loose and escaped even the tuk tuk driver, as he suddenly wanted 200 baht from me. Hahaha! By not me!

The rest I'm marching, then, a nice walk past the CHULA LONG GRAIN KING STATUE and the Ananta Samakhom Throne Hall.



To cross the road is really not easy. In this photo I was standing right in the middle.



A traditional Thai-chines. Eat what I had but fed up. However, in the Khao San Road's almost everything - including a falafel stand where I met an Israeli who invited me to cocktails and shisha (water pipe).


Khao San Road at night: Essensverkaeufer and Souvenirandreher.



My interest was more on having fun instead of sightseeing and I booked for the next car price n day a THAI COOKING CLASS of 1000 baht. At 8 Clock I was picked up - before I'm moved into a cheap single room - and with the entire group of 8 pupils went to fantastic market's, where's explanations were too many different foods.

Very interesting for me, but I want YOU to not stay long. The Einkaufskoerberl was full anyway.


looked so washed out and cleaned everything.


We have even learned to make coconut milk


The workspace and the ingredients for the TOM YUM KUNG ...

... in the wok and the little plates


The next dish: Pad Thai noodles, which I never did so because I was always too sweet. But my, I could dispense it myself. Mmm. Yummy!


Then there's Chicken Salad with Sticky Rice (back) and forward the ingredients for GREEN CURRY ...

... in the wok and the little plates



Dessert: water chestnuts soaked in Fanta and dusted in starch, then came into boiling water, was chilled and made from coconut milk, salt and sugar sauce. Done!


all so easy, even if you have the ingredients.


With a full stomach I am with my Russian Svetlana Mitschuerlerin to SIAM SQUARE driven to the Paragon Shopping Center. Oh my buddha! Since there was a huge market with a loud delicacies to taste.


Everything revolves around food that day. Even when I met Cameron in the evening to share our travel stories of recent days and vorzufeiern his birthday, we had to, well, he (my stomach was already so full, hehe), try the beetles.


Cameron has failed to attract attention and we have met three Canadians, that we were early to 4 clock move.


The next day I was so tired that I just stayed in the Khao San Road and white stuff for the temple (meditation), shopped, and Svetlana ZIW (from Israel) met and fell into bed at midnight (with Bedbugs).


Monday by 13 clock I should appear at the monks with whom I stay 3 nights and the Insight Meditation Vipassana = wanted to learn. But before that was announced a haircut, the fastest, easiest and cheapest I ever had. As you know, I always do everything extreme. The Buddhists have all sheared hair ... So from the dry to the Gestruep! In less than 15 minutes I was done and it only cost 150 baht (less than 3 €).

Well, so short they are not, do not worry:)

IN THE TEMPLE: I had a choice. Either I stick to the 5 rules or in 8th I've ch course equal the full program taken and for me decided the 8 rules supplement for extra for 'lies You shall not steal, kill, no "poisons" to you, take "etc even included that I do not leave the terrain allowed to wear no jewelry and comfortable bed ( Photo waived) ... After more than 13 months but would not a problem.

The tight schedule was as follows: 4:30 to 6:30 meditation (sitting and walking meditation), meditate, then breakfast, 7:30 to 10:30, then lunch (the last meal of the day). 13-16 Clock meditate, and from 18 bis 21 clock. Then go to sleep. Sure, who wants to go so "take poison to yourself or to be allowed to kill someone," a day in a temple without any longer stay up:)

me the whole has done very well and truly "fun" made. It was a great experience for me more than a Koerpererfahrung (correct posture and proper, conscious actions / steps etc) everything else. Also nice, no cars, no stress, no shouting, no running around, no foul language, no music, etc. My head, my thoughts, I was totally free and have found peace. Just an incredibly valuable experience that you can do so not so easy. And all for free and for real Buddhist monks!

Well, it had to believe my phone to it. This could actually not be used, but I have my morning meditation operated outside in the sun (Unthinkable for the Asians who envied my complexion). I was pretty angry about myself that I only hinkriegte 1 time, open your eyes 40 minutes without sitting cross-legged meditation. Therefore I have asked myself the mobile alarm clock and the cell phone is only 20 cm are next to me had. I was stolen away my brand new cell phone from the nose, temple, and I have been waiting in vain for the tone and instead almost 80min hatched while sitting in the sun! The point I am very proud. Also unbelievable that you can hold out that long. If I would have never thought of me. Can you?

My 1st Hours in "freedom" we went to the same police station where I get a theft report in Thai and mitbekam something in a foreign country to sign with harsh laws had to decipher what I could not even have. Good thing I had with Manit as my translator. Thank you!

order not to fall back again in the stress of the big city, I wanted to give me a few days in the quiet and did my first KANCHANABURI Train ride in Asia there!

0 comments:

Post a Comment